Women report being generally more afraid of failure than their male counterparts, according to research, jointly sponsored by Babson College in the U.S., Universidad Del Desarrollo in Chile, and the University Tun Abdul Razak in Malaysia.
According to the study, female entrepreneurs have a fear of failing. They were more likely to have lower perceptions of their entrepreneurial abilities than male entrepreneurs.
Ladies, ladies, ladies….It’s called SELF-esteem for a reason.
noun – confidence in one’s own worth or abilities; self-respect
Rome wasn’t built in a day. I understand that building confidence takes time. Take one step at a time. Although, I cannot teach you SELF-esteem. There are some very simple things you can do to strengthen your confidence and boost your SELF-esteem:
- Make a list of your strengths, achievements and things you like about yourself. Begin each day by reading this list!
- Be positive (especially when thinking about yourself). Decide to be happy on purpose.
- Pay attention to your personal hygiene. Invest in yourself. If you look good, you WILL feel good.
- Eat well and Exercise. Good food and exercise provides our bodies with the energy, protein, essential fats, vitamins and minerals to live, grow and function properly.
- Rest. Not getting enough rest can negatively affect your mood, immune system, memory, and stress level.
- Clear the clutter. You torture yourself mentally by living in chaos.
- Get involved. This will enable you to express yourself and interact positively with others.
- Avoid negative people and/or places. Remove negativity from your life.
God didn’t give us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. We make up almost half of the WORLD’S population. It is time that we use our voice. After all a woman with a voice is, by definition a strong woman.
Audre Lorde said it best, “When I dare to be powerful, to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid.”
Are you ready to put your fear to the side in pursuit of your dreams? Are you willing to step out on faith in spite of your fear? Don’t know where to start or need help?
Join Mogul Madam’s online and/or offline community of successful businesswomen. We offer a global ecosystem designed to educate, empower, and inspire multicultural female entrepreneurs so get involved.
Female entrepreneurship results in new jobs, revenues and major contributions to communities, according to Goldman Sachs. The next time fear tries to step in remember, the world needs your help with fueling innovation, economic growth and prosperity. Sounds like a good enough reason for you to get rid of the fear and step out on faith TODAY. Believe in yourself and your ability.
Remember, whatever you can do or dream you can, BEGIN IT. BOLDNESS has genius, power, and magic in it! After all you are a WOMAN. You are POWER PERSONIFIED!