Entrepreneurship isn’t for the faint of heart. I read an article by Forbes.com that reported 8 of 10 small businesses fail. This article was very disheartening. I quickly realized, that “the truth will set you free but first it will piss you off”.
I thought about all of the failures I endured. I began to ask myself, “Why did I fail?”. I quickly thought about my last blog post. Once again, I realized that majority of the time, the thing standing between you and your goals and/or your success is often YOU!
Do you want to know why that person you silently “hate on” keeps succeeding? Wondering what makes you different?
From one failure (former) to another, here are 7 reasons why you keep failing as an entrepreneur:
- YOU are not confident. “Lacking confidence means you have no faith and no faith equals failure.” Do you really believe in what you do? If not, then why are doing it?
- YOU work harder not smarter. “If you have six hours to chop down a tree, spend the first four sharpening the axe”.
- YOU pursue the “paper”, instead of your passion. “If your only goal is to become rich, you will never achieve it”.
- YOU don’t invest in YOURSELF. “Investing in yourself is the best thing you can do. Anything that improves your own talents; nobody can tax it or take it away from you. They can run up huge deficits and the dollar can become worth far less. You can have all kinds of things happen. But if you’ve got talent yourself, and you’ve maximized your talent, you’ve got a tremendous asset that can return ten-fold.”
- YOU are a quitter. “Winners NEVER quit and quitters NEVER win”.
- It’s always someone else’s fault. “When you blame others, you give up your power to change. When you change the way you look at things, things will change”.
- YOU don’t FINISH what you start. This particular point is SO personal for me I had to give this one two quotes (one for you and one for me): “It’s not what you start in life, it’s what you finish”. “Much of the stress that people feel doesn’t come from having too much to do. It comes from not finishing what they’ve started”.
The good news is failure is not final. It is SUCCESS in progress. Failure defeats losers but inspires winners. So GET UP, TRY AGAIN and WIN!